What should I bring with me when I pick up my vehicle?
When you pick up your rental there’s somethings that we need to see;
1. YOUR DRIVING LICENCE AND COUNTERPART.
- A current full driving licence must be produced by all hirers at the commencement of each and every hire. Hirers must also produce the counterpart endorsement sheet, which forms part of the licence.
- You must be between the ages of 21 – 75 years for cars (excluding over 2.0ltr), 21 – 75 years for vans & trucks, a regular driver and in good health. Age restrictions apply as follows.
- Drivers with foreign driving licences must present their own national license plus an International Driving Licence.
- Foreign residents in the UK may drive on their non-UK driving licenses for up to one year from commencement of residency. A Passport is required for proof of entry date.
- Hirers aged 21-22 must be free from indorsements and must have held a driving licence for 2 years.
- Hirers aged 23-24 may have a maximum of 3 penalty points and must have held a driving licence for 2 years.
- Hirers aged 25 and above may have a maximum of 6 penalty points and must have held a driving licence for 1 year.
2. A UTILITY BILL.
These must be recent utility bills, bank or building society statements. A passport is not acceptable as it does not contain your address.
3. A CREDIT OR DEBIT CARD
We accept cash, but a Credit or Debit Card is required for our records and to comply with our Insurance Terms and Conditions.
Whilst every effort will be made to supply the model requested, in the event of it being unavailable, an alternative model will be provided.
This is calculated on a 24-hour basis, usually from the time of hire. Rental times may be adjusted to suit individual hirers’ requirements subject to vehicle availability
Extension of hire
If you wish to extend your hire, arrangements must be made prior to expiry of the current agreement and an additional payment made to enable the insurance cover to be extended.
We require 48 hours notice.
Returning of vehicle
This will be discussed and aranged with the rental agent who deals with you at the time of check out.
The Hirer is responsible for checking water, oil levels and tyre pressures daily.
Our rental staff will note on the pre-rental check form and rental agreement, the reading of the fuel gauge. You are requested to return the vehicle with the same amount of fuel as you commenced the rental. A re-fuelling charge will be made if it is necessary to bring the level of fuel up to where it was when you took the vehicle.
With prior approval.
For Business Users
You may drive our vehicles using you own company’s fleet insurance cover, provided we have approved this in advance. In this event, only the restrictions of your own insurance will apply. It may be worth noting that you will attract cheaper rates when providing your own insurance. Ask our rental staff for details.
The hirer must be in possession of a current and valid Operator’s Licence when renting vehicles in excess of 3.5 tons GVW for hire and reward or in connection with the hirer’s trade or business. New business hirers must provide evidence to our rental staff that they hold a valid Operator’s Licence.